It is inevitable that there will be times, days or weeks where life is stressful. The truth is, the stresses in life will always be there but they don't have to affect your quality of life. You can choose to look at the positive and learn ways to cope and transmute stress as it comes up.
Here are some ways I have found that help me deal with everyday stresses.
1. Take one problem at a time.
2. Categorize issues as they come up. Ask yourself, what can I do? Will worrying and stressing help this situation?
3. Only deal with things you can change or do something about. If it is out of your control then let it go.
4. Talk to your friends about what is stressing you out. Let them see the bigger picture and be open to their advice.
5. Do not sit in solitude and run the same sequences though your head. Keep yourself focused on positive things going on in your life and go do them.
6. Find solace in prayer. You do not have to be religious to pray. You can pray to the universe or in affirmations, as if what you are asking for has already been granted.
7. Write down your ideal outcome for a situation to gain clarity. Let go of doubt and let your ideal outcome be so.
8. Maintain routines for meals, sleep, and exercise. Nourishing your body with good foods,getting adequate sleep and staying active will help you relieve stress.
9. Make it a rule to let go of the day after 8 p.m. or before dinner. Do not dwell on problems after a certain time of the day.
10. Breath, walk, hug, laugh, cry, be present and surrender.
*Stress is caused by being HERE but wanting to be THERE. -Eckhart Tolle