In the last couple of years, homeopathy has been revived and a lot more people are using it as a form of treatment for all sorts of illnesses. More and more people are seeking and looking for holistic, natural ways to heal. I always say, nature first and I want to teach and encourage people to do the same. There is still a lot of mystery, misunderstanding, and oblivion about homeopathic remedies. I hope to enlighten you.
Here are 10 facts about Homeopathy so you can incorporate it into you and your families health plan.
1. The origins of Homeopathy date back to the Greek physician Hippocrates in the 5th century BC. He was revolutionary in his thinking because he was the first to think that disease is the result of natural, external forces, not from the Gods. He is known as the Father of Medicine and considered the individuals specific symptoms when choosing a remedy and believed that the body had the power to heal itself.
2. Homeopathy does not just cover up the symptoms of an illness but rather works by helping the body's defense system to help itself. It is a safe, natural way to treat the Whole Body with no negative side-effects. If you chose the wrong remedy, it will simply not work.
3. Homeopathy treats the whole person, taking into account the unique physical and emotional constitution of each person. So even though two people may have the same illness, depending on their constitution they may require different remedies.
4. Like cures like. Homeopathy is based on this principle, called, Law of Contraries, meaning, an illness should be treated by a substance capable of producing opposite symptoms in a healthy person. Or similar symptoms to those being suffered by the sick patient.
5. Homeopathic remedies are made from all sorts of things from plants, animals, earth extracts to common foods such as onions and dried fruit. There are also several toxic remedies such as snake venom, mercury and black widow spiders.
6. There are 15 key remedies that have a wide-range of uses for general ailments and long-term conditions as well. These 15 remedies correlate with 15 most common constitutional types based on a persons emotional, physical attributes along with personality, temperament, fears, food preferences and general features.
7. There are 30 common remedies used for general, minor, everyday complaints and even some chronic illnesses. There are 105 minor remedies that are greatly valued for specific conditions, yet some are still not widely available.
8. The more diluted a remedy is, the stronger it is. This is shown by the number or potency. A less dilute remedy is not as strong and has a lower number or potency. Examples; 3c, 6c, 12c, 30c
9. It is best to take one remedy at a time. If an illness is acute and there is no underlying cause, then one remedy should do the trick. Chronic illnesses, however, might require an acute remedy followed by a constitutional type remedy.
10. Three things to keep in mind when taking a remedy. 1.Try not to touch the remedy. Most remedies come with a screw cap to be poured directly into the mouth.Otherwise use a clean spoon. 2. Do not eat or drink within 30 minutes before or after taking a remedy to ensure its effectiveness. 3. Certain foods and scents can antidote a remedy such as: coffee, alcohol, tobacco, mint, citrus, spicy foods, and heavy perfumes or cleaners.
* Homeopathy has remained largely unchanged since its introduction some 200 years ago. It remains as a safe and effective way to treat a wide range of common, everyday ailments. Always follow the stated dose and consult a medical professional if a complaint worsens.
Back to The Golden Secrets Blog