5 Ways to Keep Your Cool with the Ebola Crisis
We are all living in fear with this new Ebola virus. Rumors of Ebola being the governments way to control the population and that this variant strain may have actually been created to do so. Every where you look there is new information coming out to put our bodies into fear, which can actually be one of the worst things for our immune systems defense. I am not sure what to believe but I do think it is wise to prepare for the worst and have faith in the best. Here are some things you can do to take the edge off this Ebola crisis.
1. Empower yourself- Refrain from Facebook rumors and "certain" news channels. Do your own research or go directly to the CDC website for fact page updates or find a more left wing's opinion and compare the two. I know it is hard to know what to believe but try to find reputable sources for information and educate yourself as much as you can. Know how to protect yourself and your family through prevention and knowing the symptoms to look for if they occur. Also it doesn't hurt to stock up for a lock down. Californians are used to Earthquake preparedness kits as other states are prepared for other natural disasters. Add to this list official medical masks and gloves to prevent spreading in the event that someone close to you comes down with symptoms.
2. Keep your immune system strong- This is a perfect time to clean up your diet and refrain from processed foods, alcohol, and sugar that only deplete and breaks down your immune systems ability to fight infection. Instead nourish your body with fresh foods that stimulate and boost your immune system. Focus on antiviral foods like peppermint, basil, and ginger. Also be sure that you are getting enough Vitamin D3, something most Americans are deficient in that will help keep you healthy and strong. I also believe probiotics should be added to your daily routine, to help your body be as strong as it can be in the event of an outbreak.
3. Wash your hands- There is no doubt that the best way to protect yourself is still a good old hand wash. Make sure you are washing properly for adequate time and lathering soap. Refrain from touching your eyes, nose and mouth always! I mean unless you just washed your hands do not touch your face! Read my previous article here on how to prevent the spread of a virus. This is assuming that the virus is not airborne, in that case, where a medical mask when taking public transportation or in crowded areas.
4. Look at history- Remember that we have been down this road before and survived. There have been many diseases prior to this. Including flu viruses (swine flu) every year that rattles our homes with fear. Thinking that we got through that might put some ease into your mind. This in itself could be all part of the propaganda so that when the vaccine does come out, everyone will run to get it and the drug companies will make billions.Everything is based on fear instead of empowerment. There are things you can do now to be as healthy as we can but there is very little talk about that and lots of talk about just waiting for a vaccine. You always have to look at everything from a broader picture. Then throw it out and use your instinct!
5. Surrender- Once you have done what is within your ability to empower and protect yourself and your family, you have to surrender and continue to enjoy life. Refuse to let this affect your daily living and bring on adrenaline of fear affecting your health. Worrying does not do any good. Every time fear comes up replace it will a positive thought. Your thoughts create your reality. Visualize health and safety for the planet. * Facts- 480,000 Deaths per year from Tobacco/ 300,000 Deaths per year from Obesity/ 88,000 Deaths per year from Alcohol.
* “After you find out all the things that can go wrong, your life becomes less about living and more about waiting.” ― Chuck Palahniuk, Choke