There are tons of things that can trigger a migraine. Anything from certain foods, additives, alcohol, dehydration, medications, hormones, sleep deprivation or just thinking too much. The goal is to monitor your own symptoms to see if there is any correlation to too much sugar, certain foods or a new medication for example. Making some small changes in your routine can minimize and eventually ban migraines all together.
It is not normal to have migraines. Migraines are a symptom and way of your body telling you that it does not like something you are doing. Here are some natural tips that could help relieve migraine pain.
1. Toxins in the body are number one cause for migraine headaches. Food additives and preservatives. Eat more fresh less packaged and avoid added chemicals as much as possible. This means things like red food coloring to diet sodas and splenda. These things are poison to your body and a headache or migraine is a symptom of that poison.
2. Avoid sleeping under a window or sharp object, like a beam or chandelier. Feng shui believes that the sharp angles above your head can create migraines. It is also important to have a solid head-board or wall behind your head to support your crown chakra. This too will help with any insomnia that is also correlated with head aches and migraines.
3. Orgasms. One of the oldest ways to relieve a head ache or migraine is through an orgasm. It is simply natures relief. So many woman use the head ache routine to get out of having sex but it may be just what the doctor ordered.
4. Ginger- Ginger tea is a calming and soothing way to digest ginger. Ginger has medicinal properties that can help relieve tension and inflammation. It helps to create more circulation throughout the entire body.
5. Overthinking- spiritually, headaches represent self criticism and invalidating one self. Migraines represent resisting the flow of life, sexual fears and dislike of being driven. Getting into your own head and critiquing your own self-worth or not trusting the flow of your life can cause tension and constrict blood and oxygen to your brain causing the symptoms of a headache to migraine. Instead try to retrain your thought process with positive/opposite thoughts when a negative thought comes up. Or find a way to transmute that negative trigger through exercise, writing, or painting. Ease your mind and trust in spirit.
6. Tei-fu oil- Is an herbal oil that was developed in China to invigorate the mind. It also stimulates the respiratory system and could positively enhance your mood. To help ease tension headaches or migraines, place one drop in the palm of your hand and rub your hands together to stimulate the oil. Bring your hands close to your mouth and take several deep breaths, inhaling the essential oils. Avoid contact with the eyes and mouth,wash hands after several breaths.
*Holding on to anger, resentment and hurt only gives you tense muscles, a headache and a sore jaw from clenching your teeth. Forgiveness gives you back the laughter and the lightness in your life.- Joan Lunden
Tony Scauzillo-Golden on March 27, 2017
I get very bad migraines and the best natural remedies for me are smelling lavender (essential oil or freshly cut), sleeping, cannabis herbal medicine, and long, intimate sex. I’ll have to try these methods. Thanks for fresh ideas.
Back to The Golden Secrets Blog