My job requires that I stay in perfect physical shape but living with Rheumatoid Arthritis is very unpredictable and sometimes I can't handle the conventional exercise of running, lifting weights and even yoga the help keep me fit. This compromising situation has had me seek other non-physical ways to stay fit and feel better at the same time. Although I absolutely love physical exercise, some days it is better that I take it easy and honor how my body feels. You can try these in conjunction with your regular routine or on your off days to help maintain your health and speed up recovery time from previous hard work outs. Looking outside the box to new and old practices to get into your optimum health.
Here are my top 5 favorite things to do outside your conventional work out.
1. Whole body vibration machine- The machine does all the work! You have the choice how hard you want it to be. Just 20 min on this machine is equal to an hour workout. Best of all, it is scientifically proven to increase circulation and build bone density! I love this machine, even on days where I just stand there, I can still feel my body getting firmer and more toned. Of course, if you are feeling strong and want more of a work out you can do squats, hand weights and planks while on the machine.
2. Infrared light sauna- I started doing this to help with inflammation I had from having Rheumatoid Arthritis, but the other benefits are amazing too! You can burn up to 600 calories in 30 minutes just laying there relaxing. It is recommended for p.m.s, skin problems, strengthening your immune system and cardiovascular system. It also helps to detox and rid your body of toxins. The healing powers of this machine are amazing and all you have to do is lay there. It gives you the opportunity to meditate and turn inward to hear what your inner voice is saying.
3. Rheumatic Compression- This is a suit you put on your arms and legs that is like having a dozen people massage you at once. The compression promotes lymphatic drainage that has the potential to reduce cellulite. It also cleanses the body by removing toxins and assists your body in fighting diseases like fibromyalgia and other auto immune diseases. This is also a great option for those who don't like getting massages because of the human touch.
4. Oxygen Therapy- This is a revolutionary hand-held device that delivers CO2 into the body on a molecular form. It increases oxygen levels to areas that need it. I was recommended by someone to be some what of a Guinea pig for my chronic illness. I was amazed at how the swelling and stiffness in my joints went away and I had more energy. The best part is they market this product more for its beauty benefits. It can help with acne, wrinkles, spider veins, stretch marks and cellulite.
5. Orgasms- This is the most pleasurable one of all but most underestimated. Some people would actually rather go to the gym then have sex but whether its private time alone or with your partner, having an orgasms has all kinds of health benefits. From reducing stress and pain to helping you stay in shape. Studies show that people who had fewer orgasms were twice as likely to die of any cause as those who had two or more orgasms a week! More specifically on cardiovascular health found that having sex three or more times a week was associated with a 50% reduction in the risk of heart attack or stroke. I think that is enough motivation to get you going!
*All we need is clean air, clean water, clean food, exercise, rest and love. If only it was as simple as it sounds.- Jesse Golden
crystal on March 27, 2017
Hi Jesse – Love all of your posts!! Curious about this one. Where do you get treatments with all of these machines?
goldenyogi on March 27, 2017
Natural cures are always a good place to start:) xo
Jenya Alexandrovna on March 27, 2017
I love that you included orgasms! I recently had to do a speech for my communications class, and I chose to do the benefits of sex.
As someone that suffers from arthritis in my lumbar spine (from a failed spinal operation), the options you included are definitely ones that I will try.
goldenyogi on March 27, 2017
Thank you!:) There are a couple places that have the infared saunas now. I like Firm Body Evolution but there is also a place called the sweat shop and the sweat lodge in la. I have yet to check those two out but I have heard great things:)
Back to The Golden Secrets Blog