This post contains affiliate links. Please read our affiliate disclosure policy.
Thank you to everyone who sent in their questions this month on Instagram — I love hearing from all of you and I wish I could answer every question. Answering five of the most asked below :)
FYI I will be doing this at the end of every month so make sure you’re following my personal account on Instagram @jessegolden and add us to your contact list so you don’t miss your question potentially being answered!
xo jesse golden
TOP 5 QUESTIONS
Q1: How old are you?
A1: I am 42. I will be 43 on December 2, 2021. I get asked this question often so I want to elaborate on this. I have always had a great outlook on aging. My Mom has always been a great example of aging gracefully and I will tell you - yes she takes great care of herself with TGS skincare, diet and lifestyle but 90% of it is her mindset. Her ability to continue to learn, stay open, be adaptable to change and continue to evolve and grow. Staying curious! As we age our thoughts and body can become rigid and this is what ages us. Expanding your perception about aging is EVERYTHING and is one of the main factors that has helped me reverse age. I refuse to listen to the common narrative about aging, just as I have created my own narrative with the diagnosis of RA, pregnancy and motherhood and skincare. You become what you think and feel. This is one of the reasons I created specific affirmations with my products. For example, the Youth Beauty Face Oil affirmation to recite begins with, “ I allow myself to express a youthful joy!” Aging has less to do with the wrinkles you receive and more to do with the wisdom you choose to gain.
Q2: What are the top 5 supplements you cannot live without?
A2: 1. Probiotics - I switch up my probiotics often to make sure I am getting a variety of healthy gut flora. One of the standards that I often return to is BiOptimizers. Use code BEGOLDEN here for 10% off your order.
2. IonBiome - A mineral supplement that goes beyond the scope of vitamins or probiotics to protect and support the gut lining to create a diverse microbiome for optimal immune support, mental clarity and more. Use this link here for 20% off their subscription program
3. Collagen - Ancestral Supplements does collagen like no other, without any added fillers, hormones, pesticides, and it’s GMO-free. "living" collagen supports joints, bones, cartilage and connective tissue health related to skin, hair and nails. Collagen is the glue that holds everything together. Basically keeps cells from sagging. Use code JESSEGOLDEN here for 10% off.
4. Vitamin C - Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps protect cells from the damage caused by free radicals.It is one of the most important vitamins in anti-aging as it helps the body produce collagen. I like this one from MITOLIFE Click to save or use code: BEGOLDEN
5. Vitamin D - Despite the name Vitamin D it's actually a hormone and should always be taken with K2, so that it assimilates into the body where it needs to go: your bones. You know I am all about manufacturing your own Vitamin D through healthy sun exposure but with modern day environments and habits, many of us still need supplement support. This is even more important if you suffer from any autoimmune issues.
Q3: What are 3 simple things I can do everyday to reduce cellulite?
A3: Cellulite can be caused by many things including genetics, diet and a stagnant lymphatic system. I think it goes without saying but eating a healthy diet without processed foods and sugars is key. It is also important to help aid your body in flushing toxins, trapped lymph and fat that can accumulate as toxic waste in the body.
1. Flush the body with cranberry/water. Cranberry juice is packed with antioxidants, organic acids (malic, citric, quinic), flavonoids, and enzymes that can have an emulsifying effect on cellulite. Make sure you choose organic cranberry juice with no added sugar. You can add a little stevia if desired. Every morning mix 1 cup of cranberry juice to 8 cups of filtered water.
2. Massage with TGS Goddess Shaping Body Oil and Sculpting Stone Gua Sha Body Tool. The Goddess Shaping Body Oil is formulated with 10 organic, diuretic oils that specifically target cellulite and fat deposits. Our Sculpting Stone helps release trapped lymph to help smooth cellulite, expel waste and unwanted fat.
3. Rebounding. Remember when you were a kid and you jumped on the trampoline? Yes, same thing. Get yourself a small rebounder and jump every day, preferably in the morning to allow your body time to flush your lymph system the rest of the day. Rebounding facilities in lymphatic flow and detoxification and increases the heart rate, all beneficial in reducing cellulite.
Q4: Do you use retinol?
A4: I have never used synthetic retinoids. Many people do not realize that retinoic-acid is a natural substance (Vitamin A) found in many natural botanicals. Our Youth Beauty Face Oil is formulated with retinoic-acid from rosehip, giving you all the smoothing benefits of a synthetic retinol without the negative side effects. EWG (Environmental Working Group), a nonprofit environmental group that empowers people with breakthrough research so that we can make wise, informed decisions regarding what ingredients we put onto our skin, scores Retinol at a 9 for toxicity. Retinol is associated with cancer and reproductive and developmental toxicity. Not only that but synthetic retinoids can make you sun-sensitive, and if you know me, I love the sun! Not wearing sunscreen and using synthetic retinoids is not an option, unless you want to have horrible pigmentation. This in itself is a great point - the beauty industry has always sold us the problem and the solution. Meaning, the very product that many women use to fix a skin problem is often the very thing that causes it. This is one of the reasons why I created The Golden Secrets. When you use rich, natural botanical actives, you are living in harmony with Mother Earth and therefore she will live in harmony with you. Wholistic skincare is getting to the root of the issue and creating a perfect balance within and without. Conventional skincare creates a vicious cycle where you are always jumping from one issue to the next, seeking a balance that does not exist within that realm.
Q5: No go's in pregnancy? (hair color, nails, etc.)
A5: I generally live a pretty clean lifestyle but there are still some things that I have cut out completely and/or limited. I currently highlight my hair every 3-4 months but once I do get prego I will refrain from that probably during the first trimester.
I don’t do anything to my nails as I like them natural but in the rare occasion I do use a polish, I choose a non-toxic brand like Ella + Milla.
If you know me, you know I love my coffee. I generally only have two cups per day anyways but I’ve cut back to one cup and sometimes just choose decaf - always Kion of course! The best-tasting organic, mold free coffee there is! Use code BEGOLDEN here for 20% off your order.
Alcohol would be another obvious no-no but I can count how many drinks I’ve had in the last two years. I have completely omitted it from my diet for now.
Another thing that I’ve stopped doing is intermittent fasting. If you’ve read my book, you know what an advocate I am of fasting but intuitively as I prepare my body for motherhood again, I feel the need to put a little fat on my body and when I’m intermittent fasting I have a hard time doing that.
One of the most beautiful things about pregnancy is it is often the first time in a woman’s life that they have the self-love to actually care what they put into and onto their body. I already use all non-toxic skincare of course, but many women still use toxic perfumes, candles, detergents and other household items that can disrupt your hormones and wreak havoc on your reproductive system. Eliminating these items prior to wanting to get pregnant can make your path much smoother.