This post contains affiliate links. Please read our affiliate disclosure policy.
Thank you to everyone who sent in their questions on Instagram — I love hearing from all of you and I wish I could answer every question. Answering five of the most asked below :)
FYI I will be doing this at the end of every month so make sure you’re following my personal account on Instagram @jessegolden and subscribe to my email list HERE so you don't miss your question potentially being answered!
TOP 5 QUESTIONS
Q1: Best Skincare Tips for Postpartum?
Postpartum is such a sensitive, vulnerable time where your body and hormones, not to mention lack of sleep from being a new mom could take a toll on your skin, but it's also one of the most beautiful times to really harness a self-care practice.
The best skin care is to start before and during pregnancy to create a beautiful base so that your skin can handle the changes more gracefully. If you are breastfeeding, you still want to be mindful of the products you are using to not interfere with your milk supply or irritate your baby, as they are more sensitive to scents and products. The most important thing is to use organic, nourishing products that help replenish your skin during this time.
My recommendations are cleansing with Heal All Oil, toning with Aura Beauty Mist, moisturizing with Youth Beauty, and massaging with our Sorceress Stone or Gold Wand. Even 2-3 minutes will help bring needed blood flow and nutrients to your skin to help reignite your glow. For the body, I recommend Womb Wisdom as an all-over body moisturizer, daily dry brushing, and Sculpting Stone for massage. Once you have completed breastfeeding, you can start incorporating the Goddess Shaping Body Oil to help tighten & detoxify the skin.
Q2: Will your Ionic Copper Dry Brush be on FLIP at some point?
Our entire line is now available there. Check it out and see what perks you can get for your first order!
Q3: What are your daily non-negotiables for good skin health and vitality?
- Lately, I have been starting every morning with an ice plunge for my skin. It is so refreshing and I have noticed tighter pores. Over time it helps with wrinkles and gives you a healthy glow. I posted a reel on it HERE
- Daily sun exposure. I love getting some sun on my face and eyes. The face can be more sensitive than the rest of your body, but getting this first light for 10-15 minutes just gives me a beautiful healthy, natural glow.
- Of course, all of my golden secrets oils. Every day I use the Dynamic Duo, I’ve been obsessed with using Womb Wisdom on my face and body and I cleanse every night with Heal All Oil.
- Lastly, incorporating gua sha, and facial massage with the Gold Pulse Firming Face Wand helps bring circulation, blood flow, and oxygen to the skin, helping to retrain poor facial patterns for an ageless glow.
Q4: What collagen do you use?
You can find all my recommendations including the collagen I use on jessegolden.com
Q5: What should we be focusing on to look our absolute best without wearing any makeup?
- I always like to look back at images of myself when I was younger and try to replicate some of the things that helped me look my best. One of those is having full brows and lashes. This is a sign of health, youth and allows you to bring out your best features and frame your face. Even when I don't wear makeup, which is more often than not, I always curl my lashes with a lash curler to open my eyes up and give me a natural lift.
- Obviously having beautiful, clear skin that you feel good about will give you the confidence to feel beautiful without makeup. The Youth Beauty is naturally pigmented by the rich antioxidants. It revitalizes all skin tones and gives you a radiant glow instantly. I also love putting a little Aphrodisiac Oil on areas that the sun would naturally shine on- high cheeks, nose, and forehead. Aubry shows how to do this beautifully HERE
- When you brush your teeth, brush your lips as well to remove any dead skin and naturally plump them up. Then apply our Coconut Lip Balm for a beautiful natural shine that instantly smooths your pout.
- Gua Sha. Even if you only have 5 minutes. This is one of the best tricks. it brings blood flow and circulation to the face, and by massaging it in the direction you want it to go, it gives your skin and complexion an instant lifted glow.