Thank you to everyone who sent in their questions on Instagram — I love hearing from all of you and I wish I could answer every question. Answering five of the most asked below :)
FYI I will be doing this at the end of every month so make sure you’re following my personal account on Instagram @jessegolden and subscribe to my email list HERE so you don't miss your question potentially being answered!
TOP 5 QUESTIONS
Q1: Do you have any boundaries when it comes to social media? If so, what are they?
Yes! I have boundaries with anything that takes me away from the present moment & my family. Social media has been a blessing & curse to many of us. A blessing because it has allowed us to share & connect with people that we wouldn’t have the opportunity to otherwise, from the comfort of our own home. It is a curse because it has taken us away from our actual life & created an unhealthy habit by rewarding those who engage, post, & spend the most time on social media.
I have had some experiences on social media that have really been disheartening for me & discouraged me from sharing as freely as I would like. I used to have more energy to respond to every comment, especially any negative comments, as I felt it was my duty to help those hurting in anger. But recently I found that I get too deeply affected by this & it’s simply not healthy for my peace of mind. It seems no matter who you are or what you post & share these days, even if it comes straight from your heart, there will be someone who will have a problem with it. I realize I can only teach by being. I take my social platforms very seriously & try to use every interaction as an opportunity to create more light into the world. Every post & every caption comes straight from my heart with thoughtful intention. If I do not feel inspired, then I simply do not post. I used to feel the need to post every single day to feed the ‘algorithm gods’ but have decided I am way more effective when I am intuitively inspired to post instead of posting because I feel like I need to keep up with something. I also only “like” what I want to see more of in the world. I try to create the world I want to see by my actions. Seeking a healthy balance in all things is necessary & social media is a perfect place to practice that. This is also one of the reasons why I started this Q & A. It allows me to connect with you in a more private manner and answer the questions you specifically ask.
Q2: Do you have any hair growth hacks?
1. The Golden Secrets Heal All Oil hair mask - apply to the scalp and then bring it down onto the ends once a week. I like to do it the night before I wash my hair and leave it in all night long. I put a headwrap on when I sleep to avoid the oil from getting onto my pillow. Heal All Oil has been shown to encourage stronger, longer, and healthier hair growth. It addresses hair loss, hydrates the strands, and brings out hair’s natural sheen.
2. Gua Sha massage with TGS Sculpting or Sorceress Stone - this helps increase circulation, blood flow, and oxygen all necessary for optimal hair growth. If you find your hair seems to stop growing this technique works wonders. Consistency is key to start seeing results.
3. Collagen - One scoop of Native Path Collagen powder to your coffee or beverage of choice 1x per day. Use code "JesseGolden15" for 15% off
4. Supplementation - Ancestral Supplements Liver capsules (Use code "JESSEGOLDEN"), Biosil, and Ageless AF.
5. Lastly, get daily sun and get upside down once a day except when you are on your moon cycle.
Q3: What's your #1 health supplement, currently?
Intelligence of Nature is one supplement I take every day no matter what. My entire family does too. It helps build foundational gut health and sparks cellular connection. Use code "GOLDEN" to get a FREE 6-day (3oz) supply with the purchase of a 2-month supply (32oz bottle) *Both products need to be added to the cart prior to inputting the code.
Q4: What products should I use if I'm acne-prone?
My face oils are formulated with plant botanicals that specifically combat acne and boost overall skin health. Heal All Oil is a dry oil and renowned for preventing and healing current and future breakouts. Formulated with calophyllic acid and calophylloides which function as antibacterial and anti-inflammatories. It can also be used as a spot treatment in combination with the Youth Beauty Face Oil, which is meticulously formulated with the perfect ratio of essential, nonessential fatty acids (linoleic and oleic acid) and the powerful antioxidant Vitamin E to give your skin all the nutrients it needs for optimal results without clogging your pores. People with acne tend to have a deficiency of fatty acid, linoleic acid in their skin so many people notice more clear skin in the first week. It's about working with your skin, not against it. There is so much misconception about how to appropriately treat acne-prone skin. We have been told by the beauty industry that oil is bad and we need to dry it out. This only creates a vicious cycle of your skin overcompensating and creating more issues. Many people think that if they have dry skin, they will avoid the pimples that supposedly plague only those that have oily skin. However, the opposite is true. When your skin is not adequately hydrated, the sebum can overcompensate by releasing extra oil causing an imbalance in the skin and therefore, breakouts.
Chronically dry skin does not know how to hold onto that oil and utilize it; it will be excreted to the surface, where it can clog pores and cause pimples. This is why we say, if you are new to our organic oils there can be a transition phase as the integrity of your skin's barrier heals and pH levels balance out before unveiling your newly radiant skin. It needs to be said that all oils are not created equal. Certain oils like coconut oil, although stable, have a very comedogenic rating which can cause breakouts, clogged pores, and milia. Proper formulation of oils matters.
TGS acne-prone skincare ritual:
- Cleansing Ritual with Heal All Oil and Glowing Facial Cloths
- Spritz or apply Aura Beauty Mist to a cotton pad to tone the face and neck
- While the skin is still damp apply Youth Beauty Face Oil
- Every 3 days gently exfoliate with a regular washcloth, focusing on the t-zone
- One to 2x per week do the Instant Glow Facial Mask
- Practice gua sha 2x per week with our Sorceress Stone .Focus on the areas around the breakout- more on the lymph work and detoxing, releasing any toxic build-up. Never massage directly on a break-out.
- Spot treat with Heal All Oil
Allow your skin time to gently transition into its new radiance. There may be a transition phase as your skin heals. Stay hydrated to flush your system and say your affirmations. "My skin is clear and beautiful."
See our testimonials and reviews for inspo! Better yet-take a before picture so you can see how far you come.
Q5: How can you get rid of cellulite on the backs of your thighs?
Love! Lots of love. I have spoken about cellulite several times in the past. Cellulite can be genetic, it can be affected by dietary changes, hormonal fluctuations, weight changes, and a variety of other causes. But there are absolutely things that you can do to minimize the appearance and help you feel more beautiful and confident in your skin.
Cranberry flush - Cranberries are packed with flavonoids, enzymes, and organic acids which have an emulsifying effect on stubborn fat deposits in the lymphatic system. Mix 1 cup unsweetened organic cranberry juice with 56oz of water and drink throughout the day.
Sculpting Stone Ritual - Stimulates, detoxifies, and helps tone the body. The Sculpting Stone is designed to easily break up fascia, cellulite, sore muscles, and stagnant energies in the body.
Rebounding/movement - Helps reduce cellulite and unwanted fat by facilitating lymphatic flow and detoxification.
Back to The Golden Secrets Blog