This post contains affiliate links. Please read our affiliate disclosure policy.
Thank you to everyone who sent in their questions on Instagram — I love hearing from all of you and I wish I could answer every question. Answering five of the most asked below :)
FYI I will be doing this at the end of every month so make sure you’re following my personal account on Instagram @jessegolden and subscribe to my email list HERE so you don't miss your question potentially being answered!
TOP 5 QUESTIONS
Q1: What do you use to make your nails stronger?
Leave them alone. No, but seriously I see so many women flock to the nail salons and load themselves up with toxic fake nails. I have never had fake nails, even when I was modeling, I had long nails that were often painted nude, and people would always ask me if they were fake because it's so rare to see real long nails these days. My theory is they were that way because I just let them do their thing.
Nail health is an extension, and a sneak peek into your overall health. Quite often, lack of nail health is either a nutrient deficiency or damage from toxic nail polish and fake nails.
Q2: How do you get rid of butt acne?
If it is indeed acne, then you would treat it the same way you would treat acne on your face. Many people assume that they have butt acne when its actually an inflamed hair follicle or something called Keratosis Pilaris, which can look like tiny pimples or goosebumps but is actually a common skin condition that happens when protein forms a protective layer on the surface of the skin builds up around the pore opening. When the keratin builds up, it can form the bumps you feel and see. This is very common and harmless and often hereditary. Some of these recommendations may help both:
- Shower after you sweat. Don’t sit in sweaty clothes where bacteria can harvest, irritate the hair follicles and make your skin more prone to breakouts.
- Use organic, oil-based soap like this one
- Moisturize with our Heal All Oil, known to eliminate current acne and prevent future breakouts and stay away from synthetic fragrances and toxic moisturizers that can further irritate.
- Exfoliate with either an exfoliating towel or a little baking soda and/or sea salt with our Heal All Oil.
- Do a butt mask with our Instant Glow Facial Mask 2-3x per week
- Wear breathable cotton underwear and loose-fitting clothes.
Q3: What are your top 3 tips for sagging skin?
1. The Golden Secrets Ultimate Glow Trio. The best skin tightening products include retinoic acid as its the most powerful and has the most science behind it. Our Youth Beauty Face Oil has an abundance of natural retinoic acid and other skin-tightening nutrients. This kit also includes Aura Beauty Mist with peptides, which bind with collagen and elastin encouraging the skin to produce more, and our coveted Sorceress Stone Gua Sha Beauty Tool which helps to naturally lift the face with over 20 anti-aging trace elements.
2. Instant Glow Facial Mask. This is the only mask that lifts the skin from beneath. Formulated with minerals that actively facilitate neurotransmitters shown to diminish sagging skin by firming & tightening its appearance from beneath the skin.
3. Chewing your food thoroughly or chewing gum regularly as it stimulates the bones of the cranial facial complex and encourages it to grow – maintaining a strong structure to literally hold your face up.
Q4: How do you cope with stress?
SELF-CARE. It is no surprise that I created an entire line revolving around self-care and self-love. We often teach what we ourselves need most. In this day in age, almost every single one of us experiences stress. We don't always have control over where the stress comes from but we do have control over how we choose to handle it and get our bodies into the best physical and mental shape to better deal with it.
Taking time for yourself for self-care is imperative in this fast pace, non-stop world. That is the exact message behind TGS - the products become the tools to take the time to check in with yourself and give yourself some much-needed self-love and self-care.
Some of my favorite rituals to help me cope with stress are:
1. Sculpting Stone Ritual Kit We hold tension and stress in our body, so if we don't actively let trauma and emotions move through the body, they can cause aches, pains, skin issues, and mental disturbances.
2. My Gold Reflexology Acupuncture Ring is always in my purse. Every finger is associated with an organ and emotional state. Applying pressure and massage to these particular areas can help relieve physical and emotional imbalances in just 3-5 minutes a day.
As I do all my rituals, I try to be mindful of my breath, relax my jaw, and of course, my thoughts. Reciting the affirmations that come with TGS products helps rewire the brain for the positive and helps me shift into a state of gratitude, peace, and joy.
Q5: What's the proper amount of daily sun exposure and what products do you use?
The proper amount of sun exposure is different for everyone and based on the melanin in your skin. You never want to burn, but our bodies are so wise that it tells us exactly when we have assimilated enough Vitamin D and the sun’s other healing benefits. This occurs right when the body starts to flush. This is your cue to throw your Golden Sun Bucket Hat on and seek shade. This can be 5 minutes for some or 40 minutes for others.
Heal All Oil has a sun protection factor of up to 18-22. Researchers were able to show that even in concentrations as low as 1%, it could protect against 85% of the DNA damage inflicted by the sun, yet it is organic, non-toxic, and allows you to receive the sun's benefits.
Aphrodisiac Glow Body Oil is formulated with the two most stable plant botanical oils there are, along with Vitamin E to create a lipid barrier that naturally protects from sun exposure, and protects it from the damaging effects of free radicals and the breakdown of collagen.