I am a big believer in trying to get most of our nutrients from our diet but with the depleted soil lacking many of the essential nutrients our bodies need, supplementation is often necessary. We don't want to do over do it though! There is a fine balance between supplementing what your body needs and overstimulating it with too much, which can do more harm then good. Get blood tests at least once a year to check your levels and if you suffer from a disease then at least every 6 months. When our body does not get the balance it craves then it can pull from toxic sources such as radiation and trigger disease.
Now lets get back to the goods! Living with Rheumatoid Arthritis, I have tried and tested almost everything and these supplements are my Must Have top 5!
1. D3/K2- Most of us are lacking Vitamin D3 and don't even know it. Furthermore, dont' realize that D3 is actually a hormone and needs K2 for it to be properly assimilated into the bones. Twenty minutes a day in the sun can give your body adequate amounts of Vitamin D3. Minus chemically filled sunscreens. Choose zinc oxide or other natural forms of sun protection if need be.
2. Curcumin- The number one inflammation fighting nutrients. Used in Ayurvedic medicine and a staple in India for centuries. You really can't get enough of this gem. Try my Golden Milk Latte Recipe here.
3. Probiotics- A must if you suffer from any digestive or auto immune disorders. It is said that disease begins in the gut. Probiotics help your body to have healthy gut flora that keeps your entire system in optimal health.
4. Krill oil- Essential fatty acids literally lubricate the joints from the inside out. Helping to keep your body mobile, flexible and fight inflammation. Lack of synovial fluid within the joints is one of the major causes of lack of mobility and pain. Proper essential fatty acids within the body and movement are the two best ways to combat this.
5. Wobenzym- First introduced in Germany over 40 years ago. Wobenzym is an authentic systemic enzyme that helps improve joint comfort and range of motion. I like to think of it as a natural ibuprofen. If you find out that you are lacking certain nutrients, then introduce them one at a time so that you can see what is working and what is not.
Most supplements take up to 2 weeks to start feeling the positive effects so be kind, patient and most of all use your intuition, it knows best.
Back to The Golden Secrets Blog